Thursday, April 17, 2014

Rivas, Nicaragua

     I find Rivas charming and interesting.  The streets are lined up with shops of all kinds, the market is filled with proud and friendly people.  In the market you can satisfy your grocery list without having to walk very far.  The market area is lined with fresh produce, basic household needs from grills, pots, pans and rakes and more.  There are several women that sell fresh made corn tortillas and a few fritangas with some mouth watering food.

    Rivas has a Maxi Pali grocery store.  If you have a specialty list of food to obtain then I would advise that you purchase your list in a further away city.  The Maxi Pali can be disappointing at times if you have a hankering for North American foods.  If has some or similar to what North American foods but I often find the similar stuff to not be to my likings so I usually go the extra distance to Managua for a store that carries a larger variety.

    Below are a few pictures I snapped yesterday when I was in Rivas....as time passes I will post more and of different areas of Rivas.











No comments:

Post a Comment