Thursday, April 17, 2014

My stay in Matagalpa at hotel El Castillo

                                                  (Matgalpa trip is broken into diff sections of the blog)

  I really enjoyed this area of Nicaragua.  It was about 10 degrees cooler than the beach area of Nica.  We arrived during a huge celebration for the area.  There was a big festival going on much like a fair.  There were lots of music, food vendors, and rides that we managed to walk through and get a view of the action.

    From beautiful churches, great food, great coffee, chocolate factory and waterfalls we stayed busy.  Our first night we stayed at Buena Onda.  The hotel was clean, but pretty old and its age sort of showed.  My main disappointment was having only one electrical outlet in the whole room and it wasn't located in an easy place for computer usage.  I believe we paid about $30.00 a night for this place.  There was not a free breakfast either.  The second night we stayed in a hotel called El Castillo and it was very nice, with a lovely view overlooking the town for $21.00 a night and it included breakfast. I really enjoyed my stay here.





No comments:

Post a Comment